Twitter: AlsaddSC
Spanish legend Xavi Hernandez has said that he is proud to be part of the champion Al Sadd side and expressed his delight after extending his contract as the head coach of Qatari football heavyweights on Wednesday.
The Barca legend said he is targeting more silverware with the Wolves, where he has been part of since 2015 before taking up the role of head coach in 2019.
“We achieved a lot together, scored goals, won matches and titles, and we are all very proud of this success. Getting this kind of support is the best thing any coach can get,” Xavi told the Al Sadd web site after a ceremony in which he signed the contract extension
He added, “I have everything I could want to do well, and I feel proud to continue with Al Sadd for an additional two seasons.” Regarding the rumours in the media about the existence of a clause in his new contract that allows him to leave at any time, the 41-year-old said: “This is incorrect. I have a two-season contract with Al Sadd, and I respect this contract, and I also respect the official negotiation methods between all parties.”
“Our challenge is to continue to improve and develop, and I am very excited to help Al Sadd players do that,” the Spaniard added.
He has won six titles so far with the team, and has also reached the final of the 2021 Amir Cup