CHAIRMAN: DR. KHALID BIN THANI AL THANI
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF: PROF. KHALID MUBARAK AL-SHAFI

Qatar

Replacement of Galaxy Note 7 devices likely next week

Published: 23 Sep 2016 - 06:15 pm | Last Updated: 16 Nov 2021 - 03:00 am
Samsung Electronics' Galaxy Note 7 smartphone. (REUTERS)

Samsung Electronics' Galaxy Note 7 smartphone. (REUTERS)

The Peninsula

DOHA: The Ministry of Economy and Commerce said yesterday that replacement will be available for Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices that were recalled from the local market earlier this month for potential defects in the battery.
Replacement will be made for devices that were sold out before September 15, starting with model number (SM-N930) with a screen dimension of 5.7 inches.
The replacement programme has been launched in collaboration with Samsung, said the ministry.
Traders have hinted that the new Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices will enter the local market probably from next week.
The ministry said the recall campaign for all Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices will continue until December 31 offering three options to customers.
They can seek a replacement of the damaged device with a new one or replace the damaged device with another device of their choice and pay the difference.
The customers can also seek a refund from the shops concerned or the dealers.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 users can now check whether their devices suffer due to a defect in the battery, by visiting Samsung’s official website (www.samsung.com) and follow the illustrated procedures.
The ministry said that it has collaborated with Samsung on issuing informative bulletins that demonstrate how to distinguish between a faulty Galaxy Note 7 device and a new and secure one, through the device’s box as well as the device itself.